SEON recognizes that a key to economic development is the ongoing education of the public on energy issues. Consequently, SEON offers Public Forums throughout each year and provides public comment on state and regional funding initiatives. Oftentimes SEON will collaborate with other regional agencies including the Brattleboro Climate Protection, Windham Regional Commission, and Home Energy Advocates for the Forums. Programs have included:
- Alex Wilson of BuildingGreen, Inc. speaking on Resiliency and the Resilient Design Institute
- Members of the Vermont Delegation to Germany speaking on Germany’s Transition to a Fossil Free Economy
- European Delegates speaking on the energy cooperative movement in Europe
- Peter Temple of Keene State and industry representatives speaking on Air-Sourced Heat Pumps
- Adam Sherman of the Biomass Energy Resource Center in Burlington and Paul Frederick, Vermont’s Utilization Forester speaking on Biomass opportunities in Windham County.
Notices of these events appear on our website, in our newsletters, as well as press releases from media. Many of these are taped by Brattleboro TV and can be found on demand from their archives.