A free, open-source library for modeling of building energy and control systems using the equation-based, object-oriented Modelica language. The library enables rapid prototyping of new building systems, development and performance assessment of control algorithms, and analysis of the operation of existing buildings.
The library is particularly suited for:
- rapid prototyping, design and analysis of new building and district energy and control systems,
- testing of integrated energy systems and products to reduce their risk prior to field demonstrations or deployment,
- controls development, specification, verification and deployment within a model-based design process,
- analysis of the operation of existing building systems, and
- export of digital twins to support operation for functional testing, verification of control sequences, energy-minimizing controls, fault detection and diagnostics.
Access Modelica “Buildings” Library