|Building Science: Volume 1, Issue 3|
SEON’s Sustainable Energy Outreach Network Newsletter
|In this issue|
• Message from the Executive Director
• Our members in action!
• SEON Training
• Quote of the Month
• Interesting Links
• Welcome New Members
• Thank you, Members
|Message From SEON’s Executive Director|
Welcome to spring!
Here are some of our highlights from the month of March.
► We are now on Instagram! Come follow us at @buildingsciencetoday
► You will notice our website is broadening our outreach to include homeowners. We want homeowners to see our website as a valuable source of information even if some might consider it very elementary. Embedded in that information will be SEON’s value orientation for builders with a commitment to high-performance construction and continuous learning of all members of the team.
► We still have some SEON’s spring courses available to take. Please see below or go to: buildingscience.org/winter-spring-2023
► SEON has now started a category on our website: Recommended by SEON. Why? Because we want to do all we can for our members – starting with reviewing and recommending their products for the public, for builders, for future builders, for the world. Our first recommendation is: GoLab’s new product—TimberFill—is available April 1. Read about it here.
► If you are interested in having a product or service reviewed, please contact me: email@example.com.
|Our Members in Action – Then & Now|
|• Look at Robert Swinburne’s photo on his initial planning sketches for an addition / renovation for “my very first client. Late 1990’s.” @robertswinburne on Instagram|
• Can you guess what the contraption was in the middle of this basement floor? (Peter Yost)
• The program was simple. Garage on the ground floor with a conditioned family room above. And maybe you could reuse some of the timbers from the old barn in the new space? (Mindel and Morse)
• Waterproof plaster you didn’t know you needed. (Hempstone)
• Blower Door Testing: Hand-in-Hand with Commissioning (Mike LaCrosse / CXAssociates)
• What Are the Benefits of Attic Insulation? (Farnum Insulators)
• Here’s a Brattleboro Before and After, by Owl’s Head Builders.
• Plans For A Sustainable Future (New Wright Builders Owner)
• This new line of Diablo Cutting Wheels and Sanding Discs. (WW Building Supply)
• Four Key Reasons for Building with a Vented Rainscreen. (475 High Performance Building Supply)
• A Well-Designed Life Means Bringing the Outside In (Sierra Pacific Windows)
|Quote of the Month|
|Insulation isn’t just about meeting code requirements, it’s also not just about “filling the cavity.” Rockwool|
(@rockwoolna on Instagram)
|► An alternative to copper that’s less carbon-intensive?|
► A lithium hydroxide conversion plant, the Guben Converter, in Germany will be the first of its kind in Europe.
►The Rollout of Virtual Power Plants.
|Welcome New Members|
• Housewright Construction, Inc, Newbury, VT
Thank You Returning Members
• All Seasons Construction, Springfield, VT
• Duane Case, Bellows Falls, VT
• Farnum Insulators, Dummerston, VT
• GPI Construction, Inc Brattleboro, VT
• HELM Construction Solutions LLC, Brattleboro, VT
• Integrated Solar Applications Corp. Brattleboro, VT
• JA Saccoccio Workshop PLLC, Brattleboro, VT
• Mindel & Morse Builders, Brattleboro, VT
• Owl’s Head Builders, Guilford, VT
• Sierra Pacific Windows, Red Bluff, CA
• Silver Maple Construction/Zone 6 Energy, New Haven, VT
• The Wadsworth Company LLC, Jamaica, VT
• Wright Builders, Inc, Northampton, MA
|Copyright (C) 2023 Sustainable Energy Outreach Network (SEON). All rights reserved.|