A high-performance home
A high-performance home is an energy-efficient, comfortable, and durable home that incorporates various strategies to achieve exceptional performance. These homes incorporate various strategies to optimize for durability, environmental sustainability, and occupant comfort.
These homes prioritize:
- Superior insulation: High-performance homes feature excellent insulation, ensuring optimal warmth in winter and coolness in summer. This translates into substantial energy savings on heating and cooling expenses.
- Airtight construction: Meticulous attention is paid to constructing high-performance homes with airtight seals, effectively eliminating energy-wasting air leaks.
- Healthy indoor air quality: High-performance homes provide active ways to monitor and remove air contaminants, providing a healthier living environment for occupants.
- Energy-efficient appliances and fixtures: These homes are equipped with energy-saving appliances and fixtures, such as Energy Star-rated appliances and LED lighting, further reducing energy consumption.
- Integration of renewable energy sources: Many high-performance homes harness renewable energy, such as solar panels or solar water heaters, minimizing reliance on fossil fuels and offering long-term cost savings.