- Do you attend any of these educational conferences?
- Building Energy (NESEA)
- Better Building by Design (Efficiency VT)
- Home Performance (new affordable comfort events)
- JLC LIVE New England
- Are you a Building Performance Institute certified professional or do you have a working relationship with one or more BPI professionals?
- What high performance building/building science trainings have you completed?
- Building Science Corp
- EEBA Houses That Work
- Building Materials Supplier-sponsored high performance building/building science events
- Courses from the Sustainable Energy Outreach Network and/or attends the monthly Building Science Guild meetings.
- Courses from HeatSpring, HELM Construction Solutions, Yestermorrow, or Vermont Green Building Network – which ones
- Efficiency Vermont’s training – which ones
- Do you have a building assessment form/process?
- What building information resources do you regularly use in your work?
- Fine Homebuilding
- Journal of Light Construction
- Building America Solution Center
- What types of building performance tools do you use in your work?
- Moisture meter
- Infrared camera
- Blower door
- Pressure gauge
- Psychrometric chart/psychrometric phone app
- Are you registered with the Vermont Secretary of State’s Vermont Department of Professional Regulation?
Peter Yost / Building-Wright-PLLC
“Peter Yost is the person you turn to if you want to truly understand how buildings work: their design, specification, construction, performance assessment.”
Our appreciation goes to Peter Yost, principal at Building-Wright PLLC for formulating these interview questions to help you select a builder/contractor that has shown that they’re keeping up with the latest in high performance building. Peter is also one of SEON’s instructors for our Basics of High Performance Building